Cantor’s Driving School Authorized to Issue California Student Licenses
Cantor’s Driving School is one of the few driving schools in Southern California that is authorized by the State of California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to issue the California DMV student licenses.
What is the Student License?
According to the California DMV Student License Manual,
The “Student License’ issued by the schools, with the cooperation of the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), is separate and distinct from the regular driver license. It permits a student in an approved driver training course to drive only at the direction and under the supervision of a qualified course instructor.
This Student License is different from the Provisional Instruction (Learner’s) Permit and can only be used when taking driving lessons with a California-authorized driving school like Cantor’s Driving School. The minimum age for a student license is 15 years old. This minimum age is 6 months before a Provisional Instruction Permit can be issued at age 15½.
Student License Requirements
Taken directly from the Application for Student License, these are the rules governing the Student License:
- You must be 15 years of age or older.
- You must provide evidence of your true name and date of birth.
- The cost of the student license is $2.00 collected by the issuing driving school.
- The student license will be held by the driving instructor.
- You will be required to take a vision test and a written test as part of the application process.
- All tests must be administered by the issuing driving school.
- The student license is not transferable from one driving school to another.
Contact Cantor’s Driving School for Driving Lessons and the Student License
Cantor’s Driving School serves the Southern California area in the locations described in the service area. To get started with driving lessons and to get a Student License to use at Cantor’s Driving School, call us at 310-910-9070 or use our convenient contact form.